Contact Us

202 North Main Street
Victoria, Texas 77901
(361) 573-4508


Are you looking for the perfect spot to host your next event? Our historic building provides a beautiful atmosphere for any event:

  • Baby Shower

  • Bridal Shower

  • Rehearsal Dinner

  • Business Events & Socials….and More.

We also have a separate Board/Conference room available for use. For more information on our building has to offer, visit our Rooms page.

  • Located at the heart of Victoria, the historic O’Connor-Proctor Building serves as headquarters for The Junior League of Victoria, Texas, Inc. This Romanesque Revival structure was designed by architect Paul Helwig and built in 1895 by McKnight Brothers, Contractors, at a cost of $7,721. The exterior is St. Louis red brick trimmed with Kerrville white limestone. Originally, the first floor contained one large room and vault, and the second floor contained three offices, each fitted with a marble lavatory. These rooms housed the office of rancher T. M. O’Connor, the legal firm of brothers Venable B. and Fred C. Proctor, and the dental office of Dr. William L. Ward.

    Over the past 110 years, the building has served our community as a church, law offices, a bank, a hardware store, a paint store, clothing, jewelry store, and photography studio. It also served as an emergency hospital during the influenza epidemic in 1918, and as officer’s quarters during WWII.

    The O’Connor-Proctor Building was acquired by The Junior Service League of Victoria in 1971, partially funded by a grant from the Kathryn Stoner O’Connor Foundation. The building was renovated for the purpose of establishing The Open Door Creativity Center, which opened its doors during the 1974-75 League year. Under League management, art lessons were offered to the community and artwork by local artists was exhibited. In 1984 the Open Door Creativity Center was closed and the O’Connor-Proctor Building became the League headquarters.

    The O’Connor-Proctor Building is a Registered Texas Historic Landmark (1980) and was entered in the National Register of Historic Places in December of 1986. In 1982, the building received the Victoria Preservation Inc.’s first Rehabilitation Award.